Thursday, June 18, 2009

Time Management ..
Today's thoughts are about time management :) As you can see I have not written in over a week now and my intention is to write every day! With the opening of my latest online shops, blogging, twittering, facebooking, my time needs to be managed even more than ever. Each of these take time and throw in; designing, photographing, writing your listings, shipping, bookkeeping, emailing .. the list goes on and on! Not to mention outside selling, marketing and calling on retail customers.

I have always been a to do/goals list type of person. I thought that it was a given that I would write my blog everyday so no need to put it down on my list. Well, it's amazing how things don't get done if they don't make it on that list! I have always loved that great feeling of crossing things off, a real sense of accomplishment, getting things done.

Prioritizing and scheduling are two things that I am now doing with my goals and to do list. Keeping to a timeline will be a bit of a challenge, so I need to be a little flexible. My day will now end with 15 minutes to a half hour to prepare my next days to do list with priorities and the schedule. I have also made the change, as I had no intention of writing on the weekend, that I am now going to use some of that time to prepare for the upcoming weeks blog articles.

There are some great courses and websites on time management;
~ Dale Carnegie being a very popular one http://www.dalecarnegie.com/
~ I came accross this site and it is just chocker block filled with great info not only on time management but on all small business topics .. check it out http://www.powerhomebiz.com/leadership/time.htm

I would love to hear any tips on how you manage your busy small business schedule ..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome ..

Grab a coffee, tea or whatever suits your fancy and take a load off :) This blog is about, all things jewelry and the jewelry biz. Look for daily updates - Business Ideas, Jewelry Tips and Tricks, New Products, Tools, Designers Showcase every Friday (interview with a small business jewelry owner) and much more.
Enjoy your read and hope you take away a little inspiration or motivation.
- Dianne Bassett